1/3 Photos of Feta and Shrimp
Serve some bread with this appetizer. In a larger dish this can be part of a Mezze meal. Prep time is based on cleaned and deveined shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ouzo or 1 tablespoon Pernod (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and deveined (raw weight)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add tomatoes.
- 3Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes soften and give up some of their juice.
- 4Add crushed garlic, bay leaf, and Ouzo (if using) and cook five minutes more.
- 5Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf.
- 6Stir in oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Lightly coat four or six individual baking dishes with olive oil, place shrimp in the bottom of each dish, top shrimp with tomato sauce.
- 8Divide the feta cheese, over the top of each dish, sprinkle with capers.
- 9(you can also use a single baking dish, 8-10 inches square or diameter).
- 10Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly and shrimp is cooked through, cooking time will vary according to the size of the shrimp, cut into a shrimp to be sure it is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 371.4 mg
- Sodium 1016.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: