1/2 Photos of Feta Cheese Appetizers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml olive oil or 9.85 ml cooking oil
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame oil
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cut up
- 113.39 g crumbled feta cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped pitted kalamata olives or 118.29 ml ripe olives
- 59.14 ml chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 4.92 ml dried dill
- 3 pita bread rounds
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a medium skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add cream cheese and feta cheese; stir until mixture is nearly smooth.
- 5Stir in olives, sweet peppers, and dillweed. Set aside.
- 6Using a long serrated knife, split pita rounds in half horizontally to form two circles.
- 7Place, cut side up, on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Broil 3 inches from heat for 1 minute or until pita rounds are lightly toasted.
- 9Spread each pita round with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture.
- 10Broil about 1 minute more or until hot.
- 11To serve, use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut each round into 6 wedges.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Cheese Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g