A great appetizer for the holidays.
Make and share this Feta Cheese Log With Kalamata Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Mediterranean oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Mix feta, cream cheese and oil with a mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into a 10-inch-long log (mixture will be soft).
- Combine walnuts and parsley and roll cheese log in this mixture, pressing slightly to get the walnuts and parsley to stick to the sides of the log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving to allow flavours to blend.
- Remove plastic wrap and lay log on an attractive serving platter lined with parsley. Serve with assorted crackers and toasted baguette slices.
I made this for New Years Eve and it was incredible... Couldn't lose with all my favorite things in it! I softened my cream cheese in the microwave first for 30 secs. then added to the blender with the feta and oil... It really helped to incorporate the oil. This recipe is FANTASTIC, and I will be making it many more times in the future. A WINNER here for sure! Thanks Evelyn for sharing this recipe with all of us here at Zaar! Linda
Oh my, this just might be the best cheese ball/log I have ever had. But then how could you go wrong with all my favorites rolled into one recipe. I made this for a Christmas party, followed the recipe, except I doubled it. It was a hit! I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing this wonderful treat.
This was absolutely delicious! I put it into some cling wrap lined moulds and added the chopped walnuts on top. After a few hours to chill, I turned them out and arranged parsley leaves over them and served them on a platter with crackers. Everybody loved it! Thanks for posting.