A great appetizer for the holidays.
Make and share this Feta Cheese Log With Kalamata Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Mediterranean oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Mix feta, cream cheese and oil with a mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into a 10-inch-long log (mixture will be soft).
- Combine walnuts and parsley and roll cheese log in this mixture, pressing slightly to get the walnuts and parsley to stick to the sides of the log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving to allow flavours to blend.
- Remove plastic wrap and lay log on an attractive serving platter lined with parsley. Serve with assorted crackers and toasted baguette slices.