Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This different and refreshing recipe was given to me by a friend. Herb and feta quantities can be adjusted as you wish, but this is the basic recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 1⁄4 whole watermelon, approximately 8 C
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients.
- Remove rind from 1/4 whole watermelon and remove seeds. Cut into 1-1 1/2" cubes. Place in large serving bowl.
- Gently add chopped herbs, onion mixture and feta cheese.
- Chill and let rest 5-10 minutes, then gently mix again and serve. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.
This is very similar to the watermelon salad that I make. I don't use parsley but use either fresh mint or fresh basil, and it's wonderful!
This salad was delicious. A new way of having watermelon. I will make this again. I used tomato and basil flavored feta cheese. Thanks for sharing. Made for Summer Salad Tag.
Very good combination with this salad. I cut it in half for the 2 of us and that worked well except I thought it had a little too much lime in it. I'll cut back on that next time. Very refreshing summer salad that I'll be making again. Thanks. Made for photo forum's Summer Salads