Use a feta that is not too salty, there can be quite a difference in flavor when you buy feta cheese. You can substitute the fresh tomatoes for sun-dried if you like a more pungent flavor, but use less and taste it before you add more. Add several tablespoons of milk to turn the dip into a dressing. Also very good to spread on a sandwich and top it with tomato and cucumber slices.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 ounces cottage cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, skinned,seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives or 3 tablespoons green olives (or more)
- lemon juice
- Put the first eight ingredients in the food processor and mix, transfer to a bowl and add the olive oil, tomatoes, onion and olives.
- Add the lemon juice, put in the fridge for at least one hour, serve with melba toast, crackers or pita bread strips.