Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use a feta that is not too salty, there can be quite a difference in flavor when you buy feta cheese. You can substitute the fresh tomatoes for sun-dried if you like a more pungent flavor, but use less and taste it before you add more. Add several tablespoons of milk to turn the dip into a dressing. Also very good to spread on a sandwich and top it with tomato and cucumber slices.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 ounces cottage cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, skinned,seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives or 3 tablespoons green olives (or more)
- lemon juice
- Put the first eight ingredients in the food processor and mix, transfer to a bowl and add the olive oil, tomatoes, onion and olives.
- Add the lemon juice, put in the fridge for at least one hour, serve with melba toast, crackers or pita bread strips.
Great recipe - I used it as a dip and it went over very well - served with corn tortilla chips.. I whipped the cottage cheese, feta and the herbs. Used a local Feta cheese "Gorts" excellent cheese. As suggested I added 1 sundried tomatoe, did not decrease fresh tomatoes (I used Roma tomatoes) and whipped the sundried separately and mixed in with the tomatoe etc. Thanks Petsrus for a great recipe
This is great dip! It was very easy to prepare and is very flavorful. I am not sure this is for all tastes, but I personally loved it! I plan to serve this next time inside a loaf of hollowed out bread with pita chips and garnished with flat leaf parsley leaves & perhaps even some cilantro. I used good quality feta marked "mild" and used fresh tomatoes, ordinary canned black olives. I took a small lemon half and lightly squeezed it over the finished dip. Where I currently live,I was unable to get cottage cheese, so I used German Quark (which is also a curd cheese)and thought it tasted great in this dip.
this was so tasty! i love all the ingredients so combined it was just wonderful, i dipped cucumbers into it and sesame pitas. i used fresh feta in brine, and halved the recipe for 2. i used kalamata olives and fresh tomatoes