1/1 Photo of Feta-Olive Stuffed Flatbread
This is great. Like a wonderful, vegetarian sandwich. A salad and a glass of wine and you've got a meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or more)
- 1For dough: Sprinkle yeast and sugar over ¼ cup warm water in large bowl and proof (let stand until foamy).
- 2Mix remaining ¾ cup water and yoghurt into yeast mixture.
- 3Add 2 tblsps oil and 1 tsp salt.
- 4Mix in flour, ½ cup at a time.
- 5Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour if dough is sticky, about 8 minutes.
- 6Lightly oil large bowl, add dough, turning to coat.
- 7Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free area until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200C).
- 11For filling: Lightly oil 13 inch pizza pan.
- 12Turn dough out onto lightly-floured surface.
- 13Divide dough in half.
- 14Roll one piece out to ¼ inch thick round.
- 15Transfer to pan.
- 16Sprinkle filling ingredients over, leaving ½ inch border all around.
- 17Roll out remaining dough.
- 18Place over filling.
- 19Press edges to seal and press dough down to flatten slightly.
- 20Bake bread until top is light brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- 21Cool slightly.
- 22Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta-Olive Stuffed Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 812.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.3 g