Lotte Duncan gives burgers a Mediterranean twist, adding feta and herbs to evoke the flavours of Greece
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 50 g black olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 100 g black olives, stoned
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, preferably Greek
- 4 slices rustic bread, thick cut
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1Put the lamb, crushed garlic, mint, chopped olives, tomato puree, salt and freshly ground pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Divide into four portions.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix the feta cheese with the thyme. It doesn't matter if it crumbles, just gently squeeze together.
- 3Take a quarter of the mixture into your hand and roll into a ball. Flatten out, put a quarter of the feta in the middle and then draw the meat up around it.
- 4Make sure the cheese is secure within the meat. Repeat with the other three burgers and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- 5In the meantime, make the salad by mixing the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and olives together in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 6Whisk the olive oil, cider vinegar and honey together and pour over the salad.
- 7Heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub each slice of bread with the garlic clove and sprinkle with olive oil.
- 8Cook the bread on the griddle pan until brown on each sides. Keep warm.
- 9Now cook the burgers on a griddle pan. Turn once after five minutes, then cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- 10Spread the mayonnaise on the toasted bread. Top each slice with a freshly griddled lamb burger and a small handful of salad and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta, Thyme and Mint Lamb Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 878.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: