A personal favorite to save the air conditioning in hot weather. I love my Cook's Essentials 6-quart electric pressure cooker! From Toula Patsalis's "The Pressure Cooker Cookbook". Pasta can be cooked in the pressure cooker just until tender to the bite if cooking times are followed correctly. Short egg noodles may be substituted in this delicate cream dish.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Stir fettucine into hot oil.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and savory. Secure lid.
- Over high heat, develop steam to HIGH PRESSURE. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 8 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Drain fettucine through a colander and return to cooker.
- Add butter and parsley, mixing gently until fettuccine is well coated.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Makes 6 servings.