For those of you employing a lower carb & healthy lifestyle, this is a tasty dish that fits right into any plan. My daughter loves Greek food and I did a search for a good seafood recipe and found this. After cutting out the butter, breadcrumbs and half the olive oil and adding a few touches of my own, it became a whole new recipe. The shrimp is sauteed with olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, spices and diced tomatoes are added, then topped with feta cheeses and broiled briefly. The result is good food that is guilt free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of spicy seasoning salt, plus a little extra to taste (I use Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onion tops, diced (optional)
- 1In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- 2Add shrimp and just enough chicken broth@ 1/4 cup to cover bottom of pan and sprinkle@ 1/2 tsp.
- 3of seasoning salt over shrimp.
- 4Saute for@ 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- 5Add tomatoes and stir until heated.
- 6Set oven to broil and transfer shrimp mixture to a metal cookie pan that has been sprayed with no fat cooking spray.
- 7Lightly season shrimp mixture with additional seasoning salt, then cover shrimp with feta cheese and broil@ 4 minutes until feta cheese is softened or bubbly.
- 8May Sprinkle with green onion tops if desired.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Feta Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 199.5 mg
- Sodium 859.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: