1/3 Photos of Filled Yogurt Cake With Lemon Ouzo Syrup
1 hr 45 mins
This cake is unlike any cake you will ever try. It looks great when you cut into it, and it tastes even better. The syrup makes the cake really moist and flavorful! You can keep this cake for several days covered at room temperature! Dont let the number of steps scare you. It goes quickly. There are just a lot of steps so you understand better :) This cake is totally worth it!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup strawberry, chopped into bits
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain yogurt is fine too)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
- 3Combine all ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- 4For the cake, combine your butter and sugar in a bowl with your mixer until thick and creamy.
- 5Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- 6Next mix in your yogurt and zest.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, then sift the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and beat well.
- 8In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 9Whisk half of your whites into the batter, and then fold in the other half.
- 10Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared springform pan making sure the batter is completely flat and even.
- 11Next sprinkle the filling evenly over the batter.
- 12Then pour the remaining batter over the filling.
- 13Bake your cake in your preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes until it starts to pull away from the pan.
- 14When it is done, take the cake out and the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- 15To prepare the sauce, place all ingredients in a saucepan.
- 16Turn burner to high heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- 17Once it comes to a boil, reduce your heat and simmer until it has become thicker, approximately 10 minutes.
- 18Allow mixture to cool.
- 19When the pan is enough to handle, invert the cake pan over a plate larger than the pan (use whatever plate you wish to display the cake on), and open your springform pan to unmold the cake.
- 20If it doesn't come right out, you can use a knife or something to go along the edges to release the cake.
- 21With a spoon, drizzle about a third of your syrup evenly over the cake and allow it to soak in for approximately 10 minutes or so.
- 22Repeat by spooning the next third of the syrup over evenly, and sit another 10 minutes.
- 23Finally, spoon the last third over the cake evenly, cover and allow the cake to sit for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filled Yogurt Cake With Lemon Ouzo Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: