This is so easy and tastes amazing! I found this recipe when I needed to use an over abundance of tomatoes and basil from the garden. A wonderful light and healthy recipe to make in the summer when these ingredients are at their freshest! Serve as a side dish or as a main course.
- 4 -5 medium very ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (do not use dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (depending on how garlicky you like it use more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces radiatore (penne also works well or any pasta you prefer)
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- Mix tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until al dente then drain.
- Toss pasta with tomato mixture and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.