Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, quick and delicious! Halloumi cheese is a semi-firm white cheese that is native to Cyprus and can be purchased at most supermarkets. It doesn't melt but browns up nicely. The oil and lemon dressing is simple but complements the cheese perfectly. Spring mix greens should contain some Frisse and Arugula to be perfect, but almost any will do. We've even used just Romaine.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (plus 2 Tbsp for frying cheese)
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce greens
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Slice cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- Saute in 2 tbsp hot olive oil until browned (45 sec per side).
- Whisk together lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and 6 tbsp olive oil.
- Toss with greens.
- Place slice of cheese on each small plate and cover with greens mixture.
- Serve immediately.