1/1 Photo of Fried Halloumi Salad
This is a Delia Smith recipe and one of my favorite starters or lunch dish. It is supposed to serve four but in our house it serves two! The only thing I have changed over the years is that I leave out the salt from the flour, to season the flour I use some ground pepper and I have added some oregano to it. If you don't like coriander, use parsley instead and serve this with some toasted pita or bread of your own choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1Unwrap the cheese and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 2Using a sharp knife try to slice the cheese in 8 slices, halloumi tends to split.
- 3Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan; press each slice of cheese in the flour, coat on both sides.
- 5When the oil is really hot, add the slices to the pan, fry them approx one minute on each side, they have turn a deep golden color.
- 6Serve them with the dressing poured over and garnished with the coriander.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Halloumi Salad
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar