Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe I found on the Food By Country website. It differs from the only other Greek Fruit Salad recipe already posted on Recipezaar by its use of different spices and nuts.
- 4 cups mixed fresh fruit, cut into chunks (grapes, melon, oranges, peaches, berries)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- In serving bowl, gently stir fruit and almonds together; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, honey, and lemon rind.
- Fill individual dessert bowls with fruit salad. Spoon yogurt mixture over fruit salad, and sprinkle the top with additional almond slivers (optional).
I used raspberries, white nectarines and oranges for this. I toasted the almonds because I love the flavour of them! I used a flavoured yogurt and less honey, which was a nice touch by the way! This was very good and would taste great with any fruit. It's a great appetizer to the breakfast casserole that we are going to have for supper tonight. Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks NorthwestGal! :)
A lovely simple, fresh dessert (or breakfast) that my whole family enjoyed during ZWT9. We used fresh strawberries, kiwifruit and red grapes with the Greek yogurt, honey and almond slivers. Photos also to be posted
What really sets this version apart, to me, is the addition of the lemon zest! I absolutely loved that touch! It really brightened up an already yummy combination. I used a combo of mixed fresh berries and fat free Greek yogurt. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6