Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When contests give you phyllo, make baklava! Prep time includes time to soak fruit.
Make and share this Fruit and Nut Baklava recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, combine apricots, raisins and white wine and allow the fruit to soak for at least 2 hours
- Preheat over to 300 degrees
- Mix cashews, sugar and spices in a separate bowl
- Place a layer of phyllo into a 13x9 pan and brush with melted butter
- Repeat to make 5 layers
- As you work, keep the dough coveed with a damp towel
- Spread 1/4 of the fruit and nuts over the phyllo
- Repeat layers of phyllo and fruit/nuts ending with a layer of phyllo
- With a very sharp knife, slice through the top few layers in a diamond pattern
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour
- Warm honey in saucepan or in microwave
- Pour warmed honey over pastry and allow to soak inches
- Allow to cool and serve