Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Fruited Israeli Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in currants, apricots, salt, broth, and cinnamon sticks; bring to a boil.
- Add couscous, and return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Let couscous mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in cilantro.
A wonderful flavoursome low GI recipe I did use sultanas instead of currents and when I went to make I found I had no cinnamon sticks so used ground cinnamon which still worked out well and I reduced to 3 serves but still had a small amount left over until the DM realized and she devoured and the only other sub I did was we are not keen on coriander/cilantro so used fresh parsley from the herb garden, made for Healthy Choices tag game, thank you Charlotte J for a very delightful side for our meal tonight.
A very nice blend of sweet and savory! We enjoyed the light cinnamon flavor and felt this went very well with our grilled pork roast. I did cut the recipe in half but other than that made as written. Thanks for the post.