Fresh veggies make this primavera a good choice during spring and summer months. Feta and mint add a little 'Greek' to the dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces whole wheat penne (any pasta will do)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas (frozen will work)
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped finely
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring water to boil for noodles. Cook until al dente while preparing veggies; drain and RESERVE 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Saute onion, adding salt if desired, 3-5 minutes.
- Add yellow pepper and zucchini, stirring until veggies just begin to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in white wine & fresh pepper, simmer until wine has evaporated.
- Return pasta to pot, add cooking liquid, veggies, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, fresh peas, mint and crumbled feta.