Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Translated "Shrimp with feta" A Greek recipe.
Make and share this Garides Me Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese (thickly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 -6 ounces olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 3⁄4 lbs shrimp
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Fry the onions in oil until transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, sugar and a little water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Clean the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a baking dish and cover with the onion mixture.
- Place the feta slices on top.
- Bake in a very hot oven for 6 to 8 minutes.