1/3 Photos of Garides (Shrimp) a La Turkolimano
Chef Kate's Note:
According to Paula Wolfert, this is served in seafood restaurants along the harbor in this area outside of Athens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden.
- 3Add the garlic, tomato sauce, wine, half the parsley, salt and pepper to taste and the cayenne.
- 4Cook at a simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently (the sauce should be rather thick).
- 5Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp.
- 6Put shrimp, sauce and cheese in a shallow baking dish, cover and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garides (Shrimp) a La Turkolimano
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 378.4 mg
- Sodium 1400.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 53.4 g