Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Greek dish is as delicious as it is impressive and fun to make.
Make and share this Garithes Me Ouzo: Flambéd Prawns With Ouzo recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and devein the prawns, leaving the head and tail intact.
- In a heavy frying pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the prawns for 3 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add the ouzo and light it.
- When the flames go out, immediately add the cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until the sauce is blended and thickened.
- Remove from the heat .
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top prior to serving, if desired.
- Serve hot over pasta with a nice green salad.