This Greek dish is as delicious as it is impressive and fun to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and devein the prawns, leaving the head and tail intact.
- 2In a heavy frying pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the prawns for 3 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
- 3Add the ouzo and light it.
- 4When the flames go out, immediately add the cream, salt, and pepper.
- 5Stir until the sauce is blended and thickened.
- 6Remove from the heat .
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top prior to serving, if desired.
- 9Serve hot over pasta with a nice green salad.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garithes Me Ouzo: Flambéd Prawns With Ouzo
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 72.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: