Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Greek dish is as delicious as it is impressive and fun to make.
Make and share this Garithes Me Ouzo: Flambéd Prawns With Ouzo recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and devein the prawns, leaving the head and tail intact.
- In a heavy frying pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the prawns for 3 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini and continue to sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add the ouzo and light it.
- When the flames go out, immediately add the cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until the sauce is blended and thickened.
- Remove from the heat .
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top prior to serving, if desired.
- Serve hot over pasta with a nice green salad.