1/1 Photo of Garlic Potatoes With Juniper Berries
1 hr 20 mins
A dish for those who love strong flavors--- absolutely wonderful with herbed roast chicken or pork dishes. Posted for Zaar World Tour VI. Excerpt from the book "Flavors of Greece" by Rosemary Barron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried juniper berries, lightly crushed
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- coarse-grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- finely chopped fresh oregano
- triangles of toasted whole wheat bread (optional)
- 1Heat the oven to 350*F.
- 2Pour the olive oil into a heavy shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer.
- 3Sprinkle the juniper berries over the oil and place the dish in an oven for a few minutes to warm.
- 4Trim off the stem ends of the garlic cloves and rub off any feathery outer skin.
- 5Place the potatoes and garlic in the warm dish and roll them in the olive oil to lightly coat.
- 6Bake 10 minutes and roll the potatoes and garlic in the olive oil once more.
- 7Reduce the oven temperature to 300˚F and bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- 8Roll the potatoes in the olive oil to coat once more and transfer to a warm platter.
- 9Sprinkle with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and oregano.
- 10Serve hot or warm, with toast, if desired.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Potatoes With Juniper Berries
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: