1/1 Photo of Gingery Marinated Chickpeas
This is best when made several days before eaten. Put on top of salad greens, or on mixed with hot rice. You may use canned chick peas for this. I got this from an old notebook which I had written recipes in a long time ago. I suspect it comes from Moosewood cookbook. Prep time does not include cooking of chickpeas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml dried garbanzo beans, soaked at least 4 hours, cooked till tender, 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours (or use 4-4 1/2 cups canned)
- 73.94-88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37-59.16 ml lemon juice
- 1-2 large garlic clove, minced
- 14.79-29.58 ml finely minced gingerroot
- 29.58-44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml finely minced red onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Rinse and drain completely cooked chickpeas.
- 2Combine everything, mix well, cover tightly and let marinate.(will last for up to 2 months).
- 3Stir from the bottom occasionally during marinating.
- 4Makes about 5 cups. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingery Marinated Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 123.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g