Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are wonderful little cakes to top off a good salad. They also work well as a side to grilled veggies. Super easy to make!
- 11 ounces log goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and position your cooking rack on the upper 1/3 of the oven.
- Slice the goat cheese (crossways) into 8-10 rounds.
- Place the ground almonds on a plate (if you like ground pepper, you can add some to the almonds).
- Pour olive oil onto another plate.
- Roll the cheese rounds around in the oil.
- Then gently turn the cheese around in the almonds, making sure it's completely coated.
- Place cheese rounds onto a baking sheet and bake 3-4 minutes until lightly toasted.
These turn a bagged salad into a lovely meal at an intimate bistro! Thanks for posting!
These were great! Got three thumbs up in my family. Quick to make & a nice change for my DH who's been doing low carb. However, they took longer to bake than 4 min - maybe my oven temperature's off. Made for Vegn Recipe Swap 2
These were delicious. I am not giving starts bc I think my oven thermostat is off. After 3 minutes they were almost flat and spread out. I scraped them off after they cooled and used them anyway but they were not as pretty. Tasted yummy! Sorry JB! *Made for ZWT*