Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
ZWT6 - Greece
Make and share this Golden Greek recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups hot coffee
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup metaxa brandy
- 1 teaspoon Galliano
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Heat coffee, cocoa mix and half and half in a large saucepan until cocoa dissolves.
- Stir in Metaxa and Galliano and heat through.
- May be served in china cups to add a touch of elegance.
- Serve garnished with dollops of whipped cream.
This is possibly the best coffee I've ever made. I love the trick of adding hot chocolate mix to coffee already, and the Metaxa and that little hint of Galliano take this one over the top. We loved it. Thanks for sharing.
Very comforting drink! I made a quarter-recipe of this, because I was the only one drinking it. I thought it was going to be stronger than it was, so I was pleasantly surprised. I like my coffee pretty sweet, so I was fully expecting to need sweetener in this, but I didn't. The Metaxa must be sweet enough already. Very enjoyable! I'll have to break this one out again once winter rolls around. Thanks for posting :)! Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT6 Greece