Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family favourite. Enjoy as a meal or side dish.
Make and share this Gorgeous Vegetarian Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 courgette, cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups of fresh heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup of grated provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the vegetable oil, and cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the veggies, except cherry tomatoes. Add fennel seeds, pepper, and basil. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the cream, salt to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Grease a casserole dish with half of the butter.
- Layer rice and vegetables. Dot with the rest of the butter.
- Cover the last layer with the grated cheese, the rest of the cream and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.