1/6 Photos of Granny's Greek Fried Potatoes
This simple recipe bursts with flavor and goodness! Taken from explorecrete.com and posted for ZWT. Time does NOT include 'sit' time (45 minutes.)
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut two large potatoes in thick pieces, salt them, sprinkle them with the juice of half a lemon and stir them well.
- 2Cover them and leave them for about 45 minutes.
- 3In a deep frying pan, heat up 2 cups of virgin olive oil.
- 4Drop the potatoes in the hot olive oil and let them fry with no cover until they get golden.
- 5Take them out with a strainer-ladle and place them on kitchen paper towels so that they totally drain from the excess oil. (They are eaten hot.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Greek Fried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2201.9
- Calories from Fat 1947
- Total Fat 216.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g