This simple recipe bursts with flavor and goodness! Taken from explorecrete.com and posted for ZWT. Time does NOT include 'sit' time (45 minutes.)
- Peel and cut two large potatoes in thick pieces, salt them, sprinkle them with the juice of half a lemon and stir them well.
- Cover them and leave them for about 45 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat up 2 cups of virgin olive oil.
- Drop the potatoes in the hot olive oil and let them fry with no cover until they get golden.
- Take them out with a strainer-ladle and place them on kitchen paper towels so that they totally drain from the excess oil. (They are eaten hot.).