A nice change from the regular green beans and taters. This is a great side dish that is refreshing. Even tho the recipe doesn't call for it, I kick mine up with a bit of minced garlic (my secret passion).
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 1 minutes longer or until heated through.