I found this recipe at Myrecipes.com, which is a site for several cooking magazines including Souther Living, which this one is from. Untried by me as of yet, posting for ZWT6. You'll find that this olive-feta-herb topping works great on chicken and lamb too.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 rib eye steaks (1 3/4 to 2 pounds and 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients; rub onto all sides of steaks.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet; place over medium heat until hot. Add steaks, and cook 10 to 14 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning once. Sprinkle with lemon juice; top with cheese and olives.
- Note: I will probably grill the steak. I will brush each steak with olive oil and then rub both sides with the rub. Grill to your liking, then sprinkle with lemon juice, feta cheese and olives.