Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this delightful combination of beans, crumbly feta cheese and plump kalamata olives as a side dish or as a light meal with some crusty bread to sop up the leftover olive oil. Makes an excellent summer lunch served with ice cold Mythos Greek beer!
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- romaine lettuce leaf, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium-size bowl combine the garbanzo, kidney, and lima beans with the onion, green pepper, and kalamata olives. Set aside.
- To your blender container add the lemon juice, and Dijon mustard; blend to combine. SLOWLY add the olive oil while blending. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and celery seed; give a good stir.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables; refrigerate over night - stirring occasionally.
- Served drained 3-bean salad on lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley just before serving.