I wanted to develop a sweet and tangy Grecian-style marinade for pork chops on the grill. The honey also helps tenderize the meat and gives it a beautiful browning ability. I hope you enjoy this! (I didn't want marinade to have a strong garlic flavor, which is why I chose garlic salt.) Note: Times given do not include marinating time of at least 4 hours.
- Trim fat from chops and pierce each side with fork twice. Place in resealable bag.
- In small bowl, combine honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, oregano, oil, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Pour over chops.
- Seal bag and turn to coat chops.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops and discard marinade.
- For a Charcoal Grill: Place chops on grill rack over medium coals.
- Grill uncovered for 11-14 mins., turning once halfway through, until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear.
- For gas grill: Preheat grill on high, then reduce heat to medium.
- Place chops on rack over heat, cover, and grill as above.