1/1 Photo of Greek Almond Shortbread Circles
Rose water, a distillation made from rose petals, blesses these cookies with a distinctive fragrant, floral flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Add the 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 3Beat until mixture is fluffy and light in color, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in egg yolks, brandy, and vanilla until combined.
- 5Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour and almonds until well mixed.
- 6Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 7Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 8Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Dip the bottom of a glass in additional powdered sugar and flatten each ball to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 10Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until set.
- 11Transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- 12While warm, lightly brush the cookies with rose water (if desired) and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- 13Cool completely on wire rack.
- 14Makes about 84 cookies.
- 15TO STORE:
- 16Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Almond Shortbread Circles
Serving Size: 1 (1181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g