This recipe has a nice Greek flair using ingredients you might have on hand...making this a quick easy meal to put together! Great served with a Greek salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken thighs (about 6-8)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- fresh oregano or basil, to garnish
- cooked pasta, to serve
- 1Salt and pepper the chicken thighs.
- 2Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on all sides. During the last minute of browning, add the garlic to the pan, between the chicken pieces, and cook just until soft.
- 3Pour in the tomatoes and artichokes including their juices. Stir in the sugar. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, turning the chicken pieces occasionally to cook evenly. Chicken will take approximately 20 minutes to cook through.
- 4Turn the chicken pieces so that the top faces up. Crumble the feta on top and heat just until feta starts to melt.
- 5Garnish with generous handfuls of the fresh herbs.
- 6Note: The pan will have lots of juice with flecks of feta chunks. Spoon the chicken and sauce into a shallow bowl over cooked orzo or other pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Artichoke Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.8
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 549.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic