This fish dish has bold, Mediterranean flavours. It is also gorgeous to look at. Accompany with a good white wine and lots of crusty bread, cause the sauce is unbelievable.
- 2 lbs fresh black grouper fillets, cut into approximately 1 1/2 inch pieces (or other fillet of your choice)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the fish pieces in a metal baking pan.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except the wine and olive oil, season, and distribute on top of fish.
- Pour the wine and olive oil over and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the fish flakes.