1/11 Photos of Greek Baklava
1 hr 30 mins
Sweet and Nutty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Layer half of the sheets of phyllo one sheet at a time, in a greased 11x7x2 baking pan, brushing each sheet evenly with butter and folding ends over if necessary to fit into pan.
- 2Keep unused sheets covered with plastic wrap while assembling baklava to prevent drying.
- 3Mix 1/4 cup of the sugar and cinnamon; stir in walnuts.
- 4Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over buttered phyllo in pan.
- 5Layer remaining phyllo, one sheet at a time, over nut mixture, brushing each sheet evenly with butter.
- 6Cut diagonally into squares, cutting completely through all layers.
- 7Bake in preheated oven until crisp and golden, about one hour.
- 8Combine remaining sugar, the water, lemon juice and honey in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 9Heat to boiling; pour evenly over hot baklava.
- 10Let stand loosely covered 8 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.4
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g