1/1 Photo of Greek "baklava" Walnut Honey-Glazed Cake
I have made this cake many times in the past and always receive raves reviews all around, it's a buttery cake loaded with walnuts then soaked in honey syrup, trust me you will love this cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (second-lowest oven rack).
- 2Butter a 9-inch square glass baking pan.
- 3In a bowl combine flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon and orange zest; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl cream butter together with 1 cup sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes, no sugar granules should remain).
- 5Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well to combine.
- 6Add in flour mixture alternately with milk mixing until just combined.
- 7Stir in walnuts.
- 8Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 10Cool for about 20 minutes then slice into diamond shapes.
- 11Drizzle the honey glaze over the slices.
- 12For the honey glaze; in a saucepan combine honey, 1 cup sugar and water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- 13Add in lemon juice and continue to boil for 2 minutes.
- 14Drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek "baklava" Walnut Honey-Glazed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 290.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 76.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g