The hard long work pays off, I got it from a chef mate and he got it off his grandma. he tells a story of his grandfathers aussie neighbours couldnt believe he would cook up very cheap fish bait (babby octopus)for his family. that was untill he tried it, and my family has been eating it ever since.
- Place the octopus and garlic in a pot with water and bring to boil.
- Add baking powder and simmer for 40 minutes.
- To prepare the marinade;.
- In a bowl add 300ml of olive oil, juice of one lemon and lime, salt.
- and pepper.
- When the octopus is tender rinse it in cold water.
- Place in the.
- marinade and leave overnight.
- The following day, grill on a hot plate until lightly coloured.
- Flambé cognac in a fry pan, add the butter and slowly melt, whisking.
- Add a touch of cream and worcestershire sauce and whisk.
- till they are all combined.
- Finish with shallots.
- Serve on a bed of rice with the cognac sauce poured all over.