1/1 Photo of Greek BBQ Baby Octopus
The hard long work pays off, I got it from a chef mate and he got it off his grandma. he tells a story of his grandfathers aussie neighbours couldnt believe he would cook up very cheap fish bait (babby octopus)for his family. that was untill he tried it, and my family has been eating it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg baby octopus
- 300 ml water
- 60 g chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g butter
- 50 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 shallots
- cognac, to taste
For the marinade
- 1Place the octopus and garlic in a pot with water and bring to boil.
- 2Add baking powder and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 3To prepare the marinade;.
- 4In a bowl add 300ml of olive oil, juice of one lemon and lime, salt.
- 5and pepper.
- 6When the octopus is tender rinse it in cold water.
- 7Place in the.
- 8marinade and leave overnight.
- 9The following day, grill on a hot plate until lightly coloured.
- 10Flambé cognac in a fry pan, add the butter and slowly melt, whisking.
- 12Add a touch of cream and worcestershire sauce and whisk.
- 13till they are all combined.
- 14Finish with shallots.
- 15Serve on a bed of rice with the cognac sauce poured all over.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek BBQ Baby Octopus
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.1
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 622.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 26.3 g