Great for the barbeque...and gluten-free too. Cooking time does not include marinating time of 1-2 hours
- 500 g beef rump, trimmed and cut into 2 . 5 cm (1 inch cubes)
- 8 teaspoons olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (4 teaspoons)
- 1 lemon, zest of one lemon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (4 teaspoons)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion, cut into six wedges and separated
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2 . 5cm (bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2 . 5 cm pieces
- 16 button mushrooms, halved if large
- soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes, or alternatively you can use metal skewers.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a ceramic or stainless steel bowl.
- Marinate the meat for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the barbeque grill plate to medium high (or you can use a grill pan indoors or large banquet sized skillet).
- Thread marinated meat , alternating with the onion, capsicums and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- xrizzle some extra olive oil over the kebabs and barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side, or done to your liking.