Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 20 mins
This is a Zaar recipe that I adopted. I hope to make this soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- In a heavy kettle, brown meat in butter.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onion and saute until clear.
- Mix in tomato paste, vinegar, garlic and half of the water.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, adding additional water as needed.
- Add white onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer 1 more hour or until meat and onions are tender.
- Add cheese, cover and cook 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.