Posted for ZWT as a Greek lamb dish
Make and share this Greek Braised Lamb With Green Beans and Tomato recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the diced lamb and cook until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the trimmed beans and onion. Cook for approx 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the passata sauce, water, salt and pepper to taste and the chopped mint.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 3/4 hour to one hour -- until the meat is cooked through and the beans are tender.
- Check the liquid content of the dish at the 30 minute mark and if there seems to be too much liquid, simmer uncovered for the remaining cooking time.
This is so delicious! The only lamb i could get was a tray of lamb steaks, so I used those (just cut them into smaller pieces). I couldn't get fresh mint, so I used a generous sprinkling of dried. After I had cooked the lamb and onion, and stirred the beans through for a few minutes, i transferred it to my slow cooker, and added the rest of the ingredients there. I cooked it on high for 3 hours, and it was perfect! We served it with creamy mashed potatoes and some steamed yellow squash. [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap]
EXCELLENT - cut up and diced leg of lamb meat. Made it very tender. Most Greek recipes use a pinch of cinnamon - added just the right flavor. Served over rice. 5 Star Recipe!!!