Originally named: Grilled Bread With Creamed Florina Peppers & Smoked Trout. From the Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2006 edition for Kerasma. The picture of this was GORGEOUS (and that's saying something because I LOATHE fish.) I just wanted to eat them right off the page! It looked like a piece of bruschetta topped with the crushed peppers and a sliver of fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill the peppers on both sides (about 4 - 5 minutes per side), place them immediately in a bowl and cover with cellophane, keeping the bowl covered for 20 minutes.
- 2Skin the peppers and remove the seeds. Dry them on paper towels and cut them up.
- 3Fry them together with the oil and garlic in a frying pan on a low heat for 7 - 8 minutes until most of their juices have evaporated.
- 4Process them at medium speed until they become a velvety cream.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Grill the bread on both sides and spread the pepper cream on each slice.
- 7Place two slices of trout on each piece of bread and decorate with the dill leaves and lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Bruschetta With Florina Peppers and Smoked Trout.
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of