Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Originally named: Grilled Bread With Creamed Florina Peppers & Smoked Trout. From the Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2006 edition for Kerasma. The picture of this was GORGEOUS (and that's saying something because I LOATHE fish.) I just wanted to eat them right off the page! It looked like a piece of bruschetta topped with the crushed peppers and a sliver of fish.
- Grill the peppers on both sides (about 4 - 5 minutes per side), place them immediately in a bowl and cover with cellophane, keeping the bowl covered for 20 minutes.
- Skin the peppers and remove the seeds. Dry them on paper towels and cut them up.
- Fry them together with the oil and garlic in a frying pan on a low heat for 7 - 8 minutes until most of their juices have evaporated.
- Process them at medium speed until they become a velvety cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the bread on both sides and spread the pepper cream on each slice.
- Place two slices of trout on each piece of bread and decorate with the dill leaves and lemon zest.