1/9 Photos of Greek Butter Cookies
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe comes from All Recipes. It is from a Greek family who used to live next door and made these every year to give to neighbors. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease cookie sheets.
- 3In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- 4Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- 5Blend in the flour to form a dough. You may have to knead it by hand at the end.
- 6Take about a teaspoon of dough at a time and roll it into balls, logs or S shapes.
- 7Place cookies 1 to 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned and firm.
- 9Allow cookies to cool completely.
- 10Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g