1 hr 15 mins
So hearty and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium fine chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fine chop fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups stock or 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Put large pot of salted water on to boil( not water listed in above ingredients).
- 2Separate cabbage leaves that peel off easily, for others place remaining head of cabbage to blanch for 5-8 minutes until just par boiled. Set aside.
- 3Combine meat, rice, onioin, tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley and 1/2 stick of butter.
- 4Place about 2 tbsp of filling in the cup of each leaf.
- 5Fold over edges and roll up.
- 6Pack cabbages tighly into a casserole.
- 7Pour on 3 cups water and remaining 1/2 stick of butter cut into pieces.
- 8Bake covered at 375 for 1 hour or cook over low heat on the stove top for 1-1 1/2 hours until tender.
- 9Last 1/2 hour of cooking add lemon juice and tomato sauce drizzled over top of rolls.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cabbage Rolls ( Lahanadolmathes)
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.7
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 1749.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: