1 hr 15 mins
A sensational appetizer for your next dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato (make sure they're plump and yummy)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1For crust, mix walnuts, zwieback, and butter.
- 2Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 4For filling, in a large bowl beat feta and ricotta cheeses with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- 5Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed until just combined.
- 6Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, minced garlic, herbs, pepper, and salt with a spoon.
- 7Pour filling into the springform pan, and place on a larger shallow baking pan.
- 8Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- 9Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- 10Run a spatula around inside of the pan.
- 11Cool for 30 minutes more.
- 12Remove side of pan.
- 13Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 14At serving time, garnish cheesecake with fresh oregano.
- 15This can be made up to 3 days ahead of serving.
- 16Bring to room temperature (or close to it).
- 17Cut into thin slices and serve alongside a leafy, green salad (various baby lettuces would be good) that has been dressed lightly with a vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cheesecake (Savoury)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 302.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: