Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A sensational appetizer for your next dinner party.
Make and share this Greek Cheesecake (Savoury) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup ground walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed Zwieback toast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato (make sure they're plump and yummy)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh oregano
- For crust, mix walnuts, zwieback, and butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- For filling, in a large bowl beat feta and ricotta cheeses with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, minced garlic, herbs, pepper, and salt with a spoon.
- Pour filling into the springform pan, and place on a larger shallow baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Run a spatula around inside of the pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes more.
- Remove side of pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- At serving time, garnish cheesecake with fresh oregano.
- This can be made up to 3 days ahead of serving.
- Bring to room temperature (or close to it).
- Cut into thin slices and serve alongside a leafy, green salad (various baby lettuces would be good) that has been dressed lightly with a vinaigrette.
This was pretty good, I sauteed two medium onions and fresh garlic, then added it to the filling ingredients, I also did some amount adjustments, also I added in some cayenne pepper along with the black pepper, all in all it was pretty tasty, thanks for sharing Ev!...Kitten:)
Very pretty and nice texture, but it wasn't as flavorful as I hoped it would be. Not sure where I would go with this. Thanks for posting, though!