1/3 Photos of Greek Chicken
This is one of my most requested recipes, I have to make it for any big event. Once you try it you'll know why!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1On large plate, combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon juice, and oregano. Set aside.
- 3With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 4Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast, leaving 1/2 inch border. Fold chicken breasts in half; secure each with toothpick.
- 5Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- 6In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups water, chicken bouillon cube, and remaining flour; pour over chicken breasts in pan.
- 8Add spinach and tomato to skillet, and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 9Discard toothpicks before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 616.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g