This is very tasty, and healthy, too!
Make and share this Greek Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled (fat-free is ok)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (start with the smaller amount so it's not too runny)
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach leaves (I use more like 6 cups)
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped (I use more tomato, too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- (Adjust/add/change the seasonings to suit your taste.).
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon juice, and oregano. Set aside.
- With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/2" thickness. Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast, leaving 1/2" border, then fold each breast in half, securing with toothpicks. (You could also roll these, if you prefer.) Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken breasts on each side, then pour stock over them. Add spinach and tomato to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is done. Discard toothpicks before serving.
- Note: If sauce is too runny, whisk a little flour or cornstarch in a bowl with some water till smooth; add this to the sauce and heat till it reaches the desired consistency.