Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple chicken dish that is delicious with any number of Greek side dishes.
Make and share this Greek Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or so)
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk, more if needed
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- olive oil
- Cook chicken breasts by poaching, simmering in water a couple of hours, or baking covered with foil.
- Microwave spinach for 6 minutes.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add flour, cook for less than a minute, stirring.
- Add milk and mix until it is not lumpy.
- Add spinach.
- Add more milk if needed so that spinach mixture is about as thick as pudding.
- Add salt and pepper, garlic powder if desired.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken breasts in small amount of olive oil until they begin to brown a tiny bit on the edges.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, spread spinach mixture on top of chicken pieces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- *Youcan make this dish with raw chicken, but it is MUCH more tender if you cook the chicken first.