2 hrs 10 mins
Susan Lee's Note:
A simple chicken dish that is delicious with any number of Greek side dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chicken breasts by poaching, simmering in water a couple of hours, or baking covered with foil.
- 2Microwave spinach for 6 minutes.
- 3Saute onions in butter.
- 4Add flour, cook for less than a minute, stirring.
- 5Add milk and mix until it is not lumpy.
- 6Add spinach.
- 7Add more milk if needed so that spinach mixture is about as thick as pudding.
- 8Add salt and pepper, garlic powder if desired.
- 9In a small skillet, saute chicken breasts in small amount of olive oil until they begin to brown a tiny bit on the edges.
- 10Place chicken in a baking dish, spread spinach mixture on top of chicken pieces.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 12*Youcan make this dish with raw chicken, but it is MUCH more tender if you cook the chicken first.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen chopped spinach