1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken and Feta Phyllo Bundles
1 hr 45 mins
This is not hard to make, if you are a phyllo lover, then this is one recipe you will have to try! Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate for 12-24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- seasoning salt (I use about 1/2 teaspoon, or use white salt)
- 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese (can use a little more)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 cup melted butter (no subs!)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise almost in half to create a pocket.
- 3Place in a large glass baking dish.
- 4In a bowl whisk together white wine, olive oil, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken breasts and turn the breasts to coat.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for about 12-24 hours.
- 6Remove the chicken from the marinade but reserve about 3 tablespoons marinade.
- 7In another bowl stir crumbled feta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley and reserved marinade.
- 8Place each breast on a cutting board or a working surface.
- 9Place a generous amount of filling (about 2 tablespoons) in each pocket of the breast.
- 10Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a work surface (keeping the remainder of the phyllo covered with plastic wrap or a damp towel to prevent drying out).
- 11Brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter, then top with a second sheet (you will be using 2 sheets of phyllo for each breast).
- 12Place and center the stuffed chicken breast on the phyllo about 2-inches from the bottom.
- 13Fold bottom over the breast; fold the sides over then roll up.
- 14Repeat with remaining breasts (keeping the remaining phyllo dough sheets covered to prevent drying).
- 15Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 16Brush tops with melted butter.
- 17Bake in oven for about 45 minutes, or until the tops are nicely browned and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken and Feta Phyllo Bundles
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.7
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 201.6 mg
- Sodium 1066.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 36.1 g