Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kottopoula Me Pilafi - Chicken and Rice
Make and share this Greek Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add chicken.
- Brown on all sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and tomato and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Stir in oregano and lemon juice.
- Add rice and stir well to combine and coat all grains of rice.
- Add chicken stock, stir and return chicken to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until all surface liquid has been absorbed.
- Cover, turn heat to very low and cook 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep rice from burning or sticking.