1 hr 15 mins
Kottopoula Me Pilafi - Chicken and Rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and add chicken.
- 2Brown on all sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Add onion and tomato and saute until onion turns translucent.
- 4Stir in oregano and lemon juice.
- 5Add rice and stir well to combine and coat all grains of rice.
- 6Add chicken stock, stir and return chicken to pot.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until all surface liquid has been absorbed.
- 8Cover, turn heat to very low and cook 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to keep rice from burning or sticking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 627.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 68.7 g