1/3 Photos of Greek Chicken and Spinach
This was a quick "throw together" meal one night recently, and it worked out great. Sorry, no exact proportions on a lot of things. It's very much an "eyeball" recipe. Use as much or as little of the ingredients as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet til they're flattened and uniform thickness.
- 2Marinate for about 1/2 hour in a mixture of oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, the zest from 2 lemons and the juice from one, and a little rice vinegar.
- 3Grill 2-3 minutes on each side till cooked through.
- 4While marinating, mince a couple of cloves of garlic.
- 5Saute until fragrant in a little olive oil.
- 6Add a bag of fresh spinach and wilt over med-high heat.
- 7When bright green and not quite finished, add a handful of chopped parsely, some dill (to taste, I don't like much dill), and the juice of half a lemon.
- 8Stir together.
- 9Remove from heat, crumble some feta cheese on top and and cover for a few minutes to let the cheese heat up and soften.
- 10Serve with sparkling water and some fresh crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.6 mg
- Sodium 565.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh spinach leaves