This was a quick "throw together" meal one night recently, and it worked out great. Sorry, no exact proportions on a lot of things. It's very much an "eyeball" recipe. Use as much or as little of the ingredients as you like.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet til they're flattened and uniform thickness.
- Marinate for about 1/2 hour in a mixture of oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, the zest from 2 lemons and the juice from one, and a little rice vinegar.
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side till cooked through.
- While marinating, mince a couple of cloves of garlic.
- Saute until fragrant in a little olive oil.
- Add a bag of fresh spinach and wilt over med-high heat.
- When bright green and not quite finished, add a handful of chopped parsely, some dill (to taste, I don't like much dill), and the juice of half a lemon.
- Stir together.
- Remove from heat, crumble some feta cheese on top and and cover for a few minutes to let the cheese heat up and soften.
- Serve with sparkling water and some fresh crusty bread.
This is such a great recipe. It took no time at all to make, but it was very rewarding because it was so good. I used lots of seasoning, so it was very flavourful. We had this with Greek rice, and it was a perfect dinner. I'll definetely make this again. Thanks!
OK, Kithchengrrl, this was awesome! Only change I needed to make was MORE SPINACH!
this is lovely! i used vegetarian "chicken" breasts and it was a fast, tasty, easy dinner. the first time i made as written other then using all lemon juice instead of the vinegar and zest since that's what i had and was very pleased. just now i used lemon zest and juice along with a handful of fresh dill and some garlic and onion powder and olive oil as the marinade and added onions to the spinach. that's really good too! what a nice versatile recipe. isn't it odd how cooked spinach, if let to cool starts leaving an odd chalky feeling on your teeth? make sure to serve really hot.