This is another recipe I have had for years and years. Taste great!
Make and share this Greek Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut lengthwise into slivers
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with onion and garlic (recipe prepared with Del Monte)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other brine cured mediterranean style olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, more to taste
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken breast halves in flour mixture, set aside for 5 minutes, and coat again.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts, and cook until browned, turning several times.
- Remove chicken breasts, and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Remove any excess oil from pan, and add onions and garlic.
- Cook until onions soften and just start to brown around the edges.
- Add diced tomatoes and wine, stir to combine, and return chicken to the skillet, burying in tomato mixture.
- Heat until mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add olives and capers, and continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle with Feta cheese.
We really enjoyed this dish. It's very light and fresh tasting. I did not use the pre-seasoned diced tomatoes cuz that is not something I have on hand, I worry that it will be overly seasoned. That may make a difference but I decided to just add a dusting of garlic powder and oregano to the sauce to tweak it. Other than that, I followed the recipe to a "T". I was concerned that the 1T of oregano would in the dredging flour be overpowering but it was perfect. Thanks Toby, I'll be making this again! Update: the leftovers were awesome!
Very nice what more can I say,,,, I will make it for company.........